I’m not going to lie- this is a bit tricky to get right and requires some patience. If you have some time to practice and a steady hand, I believe you can make fantastic liner and round brushes that would be great for a variety of mediums.
Here’s what you need:
- Large goose feather quills
- Hair trimmed closely to skin from 1 or 2 salvaged squirrel tails
- sharp scissors
- bookbinding linen thread
- TiteBond 3 waterproof glue
- small branches or sticks for handles
- a sharp knife for carving
- a jar with water
- optional– sheet of silicone paper that adhesive wont stick to.
- fine tweezers